Tap-in Felt Furniture Glides
These felt furniture glides are easy to install! Just tap them in! They stay in place, not like the sticky-backed ones commonly seen. Will not rust. Ideal for contemporary or antique wooden furniture, wicker or rattan. Provides protection for floors of hardwood, tile, marble, terrazzo and vinyl.
Brown felt, Sold Individually.
Available in 2 Sizes:
- Diameter: 7/8"
- Diameter: 1 1/2"
Choosing the Correct Glide
Using the correct glide on your furniture is important for 2 reasons:
- They protect the floor. An incorrect glide can damage the floor. For example, using a steel glide can scratch a hardwood floor, so use felt glides.
- They allow the furniture to slide easily, without friction. This is good for the joints on the piece of furniture. Friction puts stress on the joints which can cause them to loosen up and sometimes break.
Here are some guidelines for choosing the right glide:
- Steel glides - These are best on a carpeted surface.
- Felt glides - These are best on hard surfaces like wood, vinyl or tiles floors.
- Plastic glides - These can work on a soft or hard surface. If the piece of furniture might be moved around in your house to different floors, this is a good option. Also, if you have an area rug under your dining table, but beyond the rug is a hardwood floor, use a plastic glide. In the event that a chair is pushed off the rug onto the wood, you're covered!