WOODEN CUTTING BOARD WAX
Daly's Kitchen Wood Treatment is made from high grade non-toxic ingredients, will never turn rancid and is an excellent treatment for cutting boards, bowls & kitchen utensils. Periodic treatment keeps foodstuffs from penetrating the wood for easier cleaning & improved kitchen hygiene.
Directions: Use a lint free cloth & rub on a generous amount; wait a few minutes & wipe off excess.
Net Wt. 4 oz.
For this board I used a power sander (saves time and effort and gets out deeper scratches, but is ultimately unnecessary)
- Made sure the board was bone dry
- Sanded with 80 grit sandpaper until majority of cut marks were gone and the surface was all fresh wood
- Then sanded with 120 grit sandpaper to start the smoothing process, and to round the edges slightly to prevent splintering
- Finished with 220 sand paper for very smooth surface
- Used #0000 steel wool to help close up the wood pores on the surface and polish the wood (this step is optional but very satisfying) *Note : steel wool can leave small bits of metal dust that should be wiped down & allowed to dry.
- Applied the Daly's Kitchen Wood Treatment by following instructions on the bottle (wipe on, wait a bit, wipe off)
- Allowed it to dry for several hours, then applied it again (optional but recommended)
You can also use these same steps for wooden bowls & salad tongs.
To view and download the MSDS for this product, click here!